About Melina International Trading
Dozens of chefs all over Florida consistently pay a premium for our olive oil because they care about using the highest quality, cared-for ingredients for the meals they prepare for guests and their families. Learn more about Melina International Trading below.
Join them by trying our Greek Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil – it is Smooth and Fruity, Never Bitter.
To achieve maximum flavor, our olives are crushed within hours of picking.
We guarantee our oil’s freshness and quality
- We bottle locally in Florida, in our USDA Organic certified facilities.
- Our distributors deliver in refrigerated trucks and store in coolers till our oil arrives at the retail shelf or the kitchen. This preserves the oil from fluctuations in temperature that can affect freshness and flavor.
From our family tradition
Olive farming is deep rooted in our family, we trace the first deed for the lands we have to 1851, coming to us from grandpa Giannis’ side of the family.
Our family has been farming olives for generations, in an area famous for olives since ancient times. We are here to present to you our extension of this tradition.
Great food comes from cared for ingredients
For the last 10 years, we at Melina International have been distributing our olive oils to Florida’s top restaurants, resorts, natural health, and gourmet markets.
We have grown on word-of-mouth referrals and look forward to the opportunity to share with you.
Some of our guiding principles
- We passionately support organic farming, the slow food movement, sustainable agriculture and all efforts to return our food supply and our planet to a more healthy state.
- We consistently provide the marketplace with access to traditional village products from around the world that enrich both the lives of the producers and end-consumers alike.
- We offer our customer the highest quality products at the most reasonable prices and are dedicated advocates of Fair Trade.
- We continually improve on the socially responsible manner in which we serve our customers and community and continually strive to improve the lives of all those we come into association with either directly or indirectly.
- We utilize simple, efficient, recycled and recyclable packaging so that we may concentrate our efforts and costs on the substance and quality of the product not the packaging.
- We do not purchase advertising or purchase sponsorships for Chefs to use our oil, our product price will not be inflated to contain any of those costs in the purchase price. I think we all agree that an unpaid referral is the only one we really should value.
Healthy Food, Healthy Planet
Well-documented by numerous studies around the world, the many health benefits of olive oil make it one of the most indispensable ingredients of a healthy diet.
Naturally packed with monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants, not only can a good extra virgin olive oil lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, research has shown that it also provides a wide range of anti-inflammatory benefits that can positively impact illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, and asthma.
Even the FDA suggests that replacing just two tablespoons of saturated fat with extra virgin olive oil in your daily diet can have measurable positive effects. Studies show the koroneiki olive to be very high in polyphenols. It is these antioxidants we look to preserve in selecting optimal harvest time and caring for the oil till final consumption.