Enjoy Dishes Warm Or Cold With Melina International Salt Block
Cut straight from the Himalayan Mountains! Melina International salt block contains 100% pure Himalayan salt that is ready for grilling or cooking!
This salt block is 8″ x 4″ x 1″ and weighs about 3.5 lbs, giving you extra room and more salt to work in.
Melina International Block Salt is a cooking stone that can stand 500ºF or less. Use the block right on a stove or a grill to cook meat, vegetables, and more.
If that isn’t enough, try using the salt block as the plate itself!
Show off to your friends your natural salt plate, warm or cold! Depending on the dish, you can heat up the block or put it in the fridge to maintain temperature.
How Do I Use A Salt Block?
- Make sure your salt block is dry. If it’s wet, it can crack and you can hurt yourself.
- Slow heating. Always try to heat the salt block slowly, so it doesn’t crack. Increase the heat every 15 mins.
- If using the oven, preheat first. Do not put the block in the oven without preheating the oven first. This prevents the block from cracking. Try to warm up the block on the stove or grill before inserting it into the oven.
- Color changes are expected. Using your salt block over time will naturally cause cracks and color changes. Use the same side to slow the process.
- Do not use fat. Oils, lard, or butter are not required for salt blocks and can damage life expectancy.
Himalayan Block Salt Benefits
- Can provide nutrients like potassium, magnesium, and more. Things you get from table salt.
- Can give you better taste
- Reduced cooking time and prevents oversalting
What food can I cook using a salt block?
- Chilled Dishes: sushi, meat, fruit, and more.
- Grilling: Chicken, meat, eggs, seafood, & vegetables
- Baking: Cookies, pizzas, and more
Himalayan Block Salt FAQ
Are Himalayan Pink Salt Block Healthy?
They can be yes! Cooking or grilling on a salt block can give you minerals and nutrients from the salt.
How long can a Himalayan salt block stay hot for?
Usually, salt blocks can stay warm for up to 30 mins.
Can you microwave a salt block?
Of course, you can, but make sure to only heat in 1 min intervals.
Bastos, Anne & Carvalho, Hugo & Silva, Cláudia & Santos, Regina. (2019). Inorganic Chemical Composition Analysis of 10 Different Types of Commercial Salt by Wavelength Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (WDXRF) Method. Applied Science and Innovative Research. 3. 37. 10.22158/asir.v3n1p37.
There are no reviews yet.